We began as a group of volunteers for this ministry while we were employed in corporate arenas as recruiters, out-placement, hiring managers and career counselors since 1971. In the past 40+ years we have counseled thousands of Christians displaced or seeking career transitions from Fortune 500 corporations, mid-size companies and start-ups.
The focus of our counseling is focused largely, but not exclusively, in the aerospace, Hi-technology, heath care, academic and sales/marketing arenas. The mission of the ministry has always been to equip Christians with realistic job search methods, not from hearsay or myth-based. Expansion of the ministry has grown from churches to Christian ministries and organizations.
In 1998 we began Christian Employment Resource Online. 1999 marked the year of expanding our outreach to other churches and ministries outside of the Southern California area. We have always focused on the unique employment needs of brothers and sisters in Christ. At present Christian Employment Resource has a subscriber list of over 2,000 churches, ministries, Christian businesses plus an unlimited number of Christians worldwide seeking assistance.
We are a non-denominational ministry organization. Our methodology is rooted in Biblical principles designed to assist those in the body of Christ by relating to how He works in their “job/career” life 24/7.
Our Core Beliefs
• The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God. (Ps. 119; Mat. 4:4; Lk. 24:27)
• There is one God, eternally co-existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. ( I Jn.5:7 )
• In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His Sinless Life, in His Miracles, in His Vicarious and atoning Death, in His Bodily Resurrection, in His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years. (Jn.1:1-4; Eph.2:13-18; Rev.Chpts.19-20)
• In the Blessed Hope – the Rapture of the Church at Christ’s Coming. (I Thess.4:13-18)
• The only means of being cleansed from sin is through Repentance and Faith in the Precious Blood of Christ. (Rom.5:1; Eph.2:8-9, 13-18)
• Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation. (Jn.3:5-8; Titus 3:5)
• The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (Ex.15:25-26, James 5:14-15, I Pet.2:24)
• The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to Believers who ask for it. (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7)
• In the Sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. (Rom.6:3-14; 8:1-2,11)
• In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life and the other to everlasting damnation. (Rev.20:5-6, 11-15)
Questions or comments, please use the form below: