Website Arnolia United Methodist Church
The Arnolia United Methodist Church in Parkville, Maryland, is seeking an energetic, organized, and motivated individual to support our congregation’s mission and ministry as Administrative Assistant. This position requires attention to detail, solid communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and independently move among a variety of different tasks. The individual in this role must understand our church’s ministry priorities and demonstrate a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information. This role will focus on three general areas of responsibility: office reception and clerical support of ministerial staff, managing congregational communications, and preparing weekly bulletins, Power Point Presentations, and a bi-monthly Newsletter. This is a part time position, approximately 27 hours per week.
Educational / Experiential Preferences:
1. Minimum of high school diploma.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative work
3. Must maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
4. Possess and demonstrate good grammar and writing skills.
5. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office.
6. Be a self-starter, taking initiative to complete tasks, projects and duties.
7. Ability to manage multiple detail-oriented tasks, set priorities and multi-task.
8. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations.
1. Provide administrative support to the Pastor, and keep the Pastor informed of what is happening day to day in the life of the church while maintaining confidentiality.
2. Prepare, print and provide worship bulletins, for weekly and special services, funerals, weddings, etc. in consultation with appropriate worship staff (pastor, musicians). Provide order of worship information to worship staff and lay participants.
3. Be in the office during scheduled / posted office hours unless office coverage has been arranged in advance. Act as receptionist to visitors to the church.
4. Answer phones and as appropriate observing confidentiality, answer questions, provide information, route calls, take and relay messages in a timely manner.
5. Operate office equipment, and provide for care and maintenance of office equipment. Order/purchase supplies as needed.
6. Maintain official membership and financial records, record baptisms, marriages and funerals and maintain files of official documents, correspondence and records.
7. Prepare draft of the bi-monthly church newsletter in consultation with staff and church leaders and/or members for approval by pastor.
Please send résumé to:
Chairperson – Administrative Assistant Search Committee
Arnolia United Methodist Church
1776 East Joppa Rd
Parkville, MD 21234
or email: email@example.com. All emails will be acknowledged.
For more information about the Arnolia United Methodist Church, please consult our website at http://www.arnolia.org.