Website Faith West Academy
Private Christian School
Have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
Committed to being a spiritual leader for our student-athletes.
Certified Athletic Trainer.
Have a willingness and ability to promote the vision and mission of the school.
Be able to develop relationships with administration, faculty, and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Athletic Trainer (AT) will be present at home athletic contests and practices and shall attend other post-season and home-hosted contests as directed by the Athletic Director. The AT will be responsible for the oversite and maintenance of the athletic training room/office and will:
· Work closely with the AD to establish an effective athletic training program for athletics at the middle school and high school level. This is include a written policy, and an industry standardized procedure/process.
· Provide 1st aid and injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/reconditioning for Faith West Academy student-athletes. This includes current knowledge of concussion protocols and the proper assessment/treatment. The AT will also be responsible for making appropriate physician referral.
· Assist in game day preparation and setup; providing coverage at home events and practices from the beginning of the fall sport season to the conclusion for the spring season. In certain instances, coverage may be necessary at away games (i.e. playoff games, etc.)
· Maintain a line of communication with the team physician(s) and other health care professionals regarding athletic health care and recommend treatment/rehabilitation for all athletic injuries.
· Assist coaching staff in evaluating and implementing sport specific conditioning programs and methods.
· Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room.
· Maintain communication with parents on the care & treatment of their student-athlete.
· File all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and/or incidents on TAPPSter.
· Maintain a daily treatment log.
· Oversee the ordering of supplies and equipment pertaining to the athletic training room and maintain an up to date inventory. Provide the Athletic Director with an annual budget for supplies and equipment.
· Equip each team with the appropriate medical equipment (water bottles, first aid bag, etc.)
· Assist in the selection and fitting of protective equipment, including special taping, helmet, pads or braces.
· Create a safe playing environment by monitoring and controlling environmental risks.
· Provide professional information (literature, videos, etc.) relative to athletic training with the school’s coaching staff.
· Maintain proper hydration for athletes at games/practices.
· Create an itinerary list for student trainers to follow for the sport season.
Please fill out employment application at http://www.faithwest.org/about-faith-west-academy/employment-and-volunteers/