This job description is a summary of the job duties and expectations that are essential to the successful evaluation of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified on this job are expected to perform all the duties listed and, on occasion, may be required to perform other functions of higher or lower skill level not included in this job description.
Standard of behavior:
Employment with TMS Global is a privilege and a ministry. All people on staff must be gifted in sharing the love of God through joyful service to those in need of our care and attention. A professional and loving commitment to promoting of TMS Global’s mission and ministries is a minimum standard of behavior.
Reporting relationship: Senior Director of Church Ministry
Church ministry department mission statement:
The mission of church ministry is to activate churches in North America to discover and live out their unique missional calling of making disciples in places near, far, and hard.
In collaboration with the senior director of church ministry, the director of partner development grows long-term partnerships between churches and TMS Global through training, coaching, and resourcing in church mission outreach.
Major duties and responsibilities:
1) To live a lifestyle that is above reproach and worthy of the calling of Jesus Christ. To live in accordance with the faith statement and core values of TMS Global.
2) To be committed to an example of life-long learning and continuous, intentional growth in the study and life application of God’s Word.
3) To create and/or execute a partnership development strategy with new churches, with the goal of scheduling new Activate trainings that result in signed partnerships with churches.
4) To serve as a member of the training team and coaching team using TMS Global’s curriculum.
5) To coach, resource, and effectively relate to existing church partners on a quarterly basis throughout the year, with the goal of expanding their mission outreach.
6) To assist with department projects, including writing articles and participating in webinars.
7) To travel as needed to partner churches and other special events.
8) To maintain accurate and complete records of contacts.
9) Any other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisors.
The individual shall have a bachelor’s degree or significant related work experience. Additionally, the individual should have a strong working knowledge of local church operations, international missions, and leadership coaching. Strong written and oral communication skills necessary. Strong organizational skills to manage multiple coaching relationships necessary.
The individual must be tactful in personal contact and written correspondence related to the various needs of the staff, public, cross-cultural witnesses, donors, and church leadership. The individual must enjoy working and communicating with people.
The individual is responsible for the complete and satisfactory execution of their job, with minimal direct supervision. The individual will take direction from the senior director of church ministry. The individual will work closely with his/her supervisor to ensure consistency and effectiveness of all church ministry activities and events.
Work should require light to moderate physical activity with a reasonable amount of repetitive motion. This position may require a moderate amount of off-site travel.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter along with a resume and salary requirements to Brenda Lee, TMS Global’s director of human resources at email@example.com