Website Valley Christian High School
A Christian High School Educatin
Valley Christian High School in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area seeks a Math Teacher for the 2017-18 school year. Teacher meetings begin July 28, 2017. The candidate hired will teach Math and will have some other responsibilities. Candidates must display a deep knowledge of Math and how it relates to students’ lives. The candidate should be versed with technology and be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite. The successful applicant must demonstrate a passion for ministering to teenagers through teaching.
The mission of Valley Christian High School is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and are prepared academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they enabled to make a difference in the world
The candidate must be a professing and maturing Christian enthusiastically supporting Valley Christian’s statement of faith and mission statements. Training in Math and best practices in teaching required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a Math, Education or a related field from an accredited college is required; Masters Degree preferred. 2-3 years teaching experience preferred. Candidates should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to develop authentic relationships with teenagers, and to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement. In addition, the position requires the ability to organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple priorities to ensure that goals are met. Strong technology skills, in particular thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, is required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Attain an ACSI 2-year Temporary Certificate within the first year of employment and an ACSI Standard Certificate in your teaching discipline within 3 years of employment.
· Display a deep knowledge of Math and its application to students’ lives.
· Display the ability to connect Biblical Truth to high school students’ lives.
· Demonstrate a passion for ministering to teenagers through teaching Math and Computer Literacy, counseling, encouragement, and mentoring.
· Teach Math and other classes utilizing the latest research and best practices
· Promote student engagement in order to inspire and encourage progress while supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student.
· Maintain a healthy learning environment for the students in the classroom as well as instruction while monitoring and managing students’ behavior, including appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules.
· Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
· Teach classes assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the Administrator/Principal.
· Maintain records by documenting learning accomplishments, attendance, and behavior.
· Establish and adjust course syllabi outlines and objectives by following curriculum guidelines and school goals; modifying plans on the basis of student diagnostic and assessment procedures.
· Direct or moderate at least one extra-curricular activity as assigned.
Background Check Statement:
VCHS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Instructions to Apply:
Attach a single document, which includes: a cover letter; resume including the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references; and your Christian philosophy of education. Resume should include all employment in month/year format (e.g., 6/91 to 8/98), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the qualifications of this position. Candidates who do not meet qualifications will not be considered. REQUESTED MATERIAL MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position. Email to: email@example.com