Website First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
Reporting to the Minister of Family Life, this position is responsible to provide leadership and direction for the Student Ministry (6th grade- College) program. This is a hands-on position, working alongside the Student Ministry staff and lay volunteers to serve the students and parents in the spiritual growth of our students.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities.
● Provide vision, leadership and direction for Student Ministry programming that include, but not limited to: Sunday School, regular week night event, small groups, retreats, and special events.
● Design, implement and evaluate Students Ministry program and curriculum to align with the mission of FPCO and the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Statement of Faith.
● Engage parents through participation, support and communication of Students Ministry programs.
● Provide resources and guidance to assist parents in their primary role of the discipleship of their children.
● Recruit, train, and manage paid staff and volunteers who exemplify the love of Jesus as they minister to the students and their parents.
● Actively partner with other staff leaders to integrate Student Ministry into the larger church body.
● Ensure compliance with all mandated and established safety regulations and procedures.
● Prepare and monitor annual budget for Student Ministry.
● Contribute to the overall mission of the church by utilizing the unique God given gifts and talents to perform other duties as needed.
● Other duties as assigned
● Must have a deep, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ, a demonstrated spiritual maturity and a commitment to a faithful Christian lifestyle
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Must pass a criminal background check
● Must be/become a member of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
Education and Experience
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Gifts/Preferred Qualifications
● An evidenced calling to minister to students
● Leadership experience in student ministry program management, including teaching experience
● Experience in designing creative student ministry programming.
● Ability to build strong relationships with parents, student, volunteers, staff and congregation members
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; active listener and collaborator
● Ability to manage and motivate paid staff and volunteers
● Strong planning, organizing and prioritization skills
● Intermediate proficiency level of computer/technical skills
● The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl when interacting with students
● Able to lift 25 pounds on an occasional basis
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, sometimes loud (music from worship band/musical instruments and/or students)
● Some overnight travel required including Student Ministry Camp events