Website Lutheran Foundation Canada
A Financial Ministry of LC-C
Lutheran Church – Canada Financial Ministries (known as Lutheran Foundation Canada)
Position: Planned Giving Gift Coordinator – East District
Location: East District of Lutheran Church-Canada (Ontario, excluding N/W Ontario)
The primary responsibility of the Gift Coordinator is to identify, encourage and assist individuals in making planned (estate) gifts, and sometimes lifetime gifts, for the congregations, seminaries, and districts of Lutheran Church – Canada, and organizations affiliated with Lutheran Church-Canada (LCC). The focus is on planned gifts that require extensive cultivation, planning and knowledge of CRA’s tax regulations. You would be one of three Gift Coordinators in Canada, reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must:
· Be conversant with principles of Christian stewardship, and be willing to define and encourage appropriate estate stewardship in your conversations and presentations.
· Be passionate about the various ministries associated with Lutheran Church – Canada and about opportunities to assist individuals wishing to support these ministries.
· Have a Bachelor’s Degree or have a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation, plus a minimum of three years Planned Giving experience with a proven track record of realized gifts. An acceptable, equivalent combination of education and business experience will be considered.
· Have completed the “Original Canadian Association of Gift Planning (CAGP) Course”. If applying with “equivalent experience”, this course would be provided.
· Must be a member of a LCC congregation, preferably living within the Kitchener – Toronto – Hamilton region.
· Must be able to successfully pass a criminal record check.
· Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office applications for the development of marketing and presentation materials, or other applications as needed for quarterly reporting to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include:
· Develop an overall plan and strategy for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of planned gifts within the District.
· Assist the Executive Director in the development and implementation of a marketing program to increase planned gifts.
· Work with internal and external constituents in a professional manner to maximize planned gifts by building and managing relationships with prospects, donors, pastors, and the estate and financial planning professionals utilized by donors.
· Prepare customized planned giving proposals, agreements, and gift scenarios involving cash, securities, insurance, endowments and other major planned gift vehicles to meet the donor’s personal, estate and financial planning goals.
· Keep informed and updated on tax implications of charitable giving, new legislation and Canada Revenue Agency’s rulings.
· Schedule and present seminars on Christian Estate and Will Planning, including planned giving, to congregations and organizations of LCC throughout the East District.
· Provide monthly reports on the various forms of contact and the gifts developed within the District.
· The position will require travel throughout the District, specifically to congregations of the District. (All travel costs on behalf of the Foundation are reimbursed.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org