Website Millington First United Methodist Church
Christian Education Director – With Youth Emphasis
Millington First United Methodist Church
8029 Wilkinsville Rd. Millington, TN. 38053 –
Attention: Rev. Ronnie Peck – firstname.lastname@example.org
Millington First United Methodist Church is an open and affirming congregation of the United Methodist Church. We celebrate a diverse and devoted faith community.
The full-time Director of Christian Education/Youth Minister will work closely with the pastor to organize and oversee the Sunday School and Spiritual formation programs in all areas of church life.
The successful candidate will have strong faith in Jesus Christ. They will plan and lead the weekly Youth meeting on Sunday evenings, youth missions projects, youth trips and the Open Gym program on first Wednesday nights. They will work with the Senior Pastor and in cooperation with the church staff and other committees. The DCE/Youth Minister must have a theological knowledge that is compatible with United Methodist Wesleyan theology.
· Must be available on Sunday mornings
· Experience working with children and youth, in a church setting
· Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a ministry team
· Have a background in the basics of Christianity; seminary experience a plus
· Be able to develop a program that promotes fellowship, service, and Christian community within a context that is fun, respectful, and worshipful
· Willingness to complete a background check
· Demonstrated passion for God
· A person of faith and a good role model for young adults
· Show creativity in developing youth ministry
· Experience in ministry – as a teacher, leader, event planner, etc.
· Have an understanding of the faith and emotional development of youth and teens
· Ability to promote interest, and involvement in our ministry to Youth within the church and larger community
· College degree preferred.
Salary – $30,000/year with a newly remodeled two-bedroom house with a fenced back yard provided.