Website Trinity United Methodist Church
Your Home Away from Home!
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Trinity United Methodist Church
703 W. Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701
Job Description for Part-Time Director
To serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture children’s spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being, as well as their families. Children are to learn about God’s love and about the community that has embraced them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Trinity’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
2. In partnership with the Children’s Ministry Team (CM), and pastoral leadership, develop a comprehensive vision over the CM.
3. Communicates the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate.
4. Provide a warm, friendly and learning environment for children and their families.
5. Coordinates and provides leadership in developing and implementing a young family outreach ministry focused on children activities.
6. Coordinates with the CM Team the Easter celebration, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Christmas celebration, and any programming the CM Team decides to conduct.
7. Coordinates sanitation and safety protocols for CM.
8. Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
9. Recruit, train, and coordinate workers for Grow-Time classes (Sunday School) and events in between services and during services (children’s program during church services).
10. Visits classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teaches classes as needed.
11. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
12. Works with Trustees for needed repairs.
13. Assists Senior and Associate Pastors in visiting young church families involved in CM as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child; and to refer to certified counselors as appropriate.
14. Maintain confidentiality in regard to personnel matters, except when a life is endangered. Discuss general situations with the pastor.
15. Attends monthly CM Team meetings, weekly Staff meetings, and attend monthly Church Council meetings.
16. Participates in the CM Team annual budget estimating process.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor that contribute to the administration and life of the Church.
18. Coordinates the Nursery for Trinity services and events.
• Nursery is staffed by two unrelated adults
• Ensure no toys are choking hazards
• Ensure safe and adequate equipment is in place
• Ensure Nursery staff/paid staff teachers are certified with CPR/first aid
• Purchase supplies for the nursery
• Interview new potential employees
• Make sure all forms are signed and first time information cards are filled out and turned into the office
• Keep nursery handbook up to date, and share any new policies with nursery staff
1. Supervision – Senior Pastor
2. Program Support – Christian Education Ministry Team
3. Annual Performance Review – Senior Pastor
1. Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families.
3. Is comfortable with visiting church families involved in the CM (if needed).
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Christian Ed. (or similar field).
2. Experience working with children in a church setting preferred.
3. Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development), and religious educational theory and practice.
4. Maintains confidentiality as appropriate and accountable with church resources.
5. Seeks opportunities to grow professionally.
6. Have an understanding of Methodist theology and polity, and the programs and mission of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Part time (20 to 25 hours per week)
Compensation (depending on experience): $15,510 – $17,510.
For information or to apply contact:
Trinity UMC at 301-662-2895; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 703 West Patrick St., Frederick, MD 21701
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com